Do not buy from MOTOR MENTOR ..Mike

Information on importing your car or parts

Moderator: Moderators

CUDAchris
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

Do not buy from MOTOR MENTOR ..Mike

Post by CUDAchris »

as you may see by my name I dont have a mustang but I do come with info that some may find very useful

Well I will say to everyone dont buy a car from
MIKE at MOTOR MENTOR
and
ROSE MOTORSPORTS
JUST MUSCLE CARS
2323 Bruner Lane Ft. Myers FL 33912

they were fantastic to deal with at the start of the transaction
but once they had the cash it all changed.
I received the car with a stuffed trans a stuffed power steering box and missing parts .
The car will need a full front end steering rebuild .
I guess that is normal but at the same time I was told it was in A1 condition all round and drove beautifully
so I think its only fair I would expect it to be driveable
It was claimed to be a numbers matching car and it isn't
At some stage of its life it has had damage to the rear tail light panel that has been bogged/bondo
really poorly and I am now fixing this as well. (one hit with the hammer and all the Bondo/Bog fell out)
Was also told the body has no damage at any stage of its life
They have made no attempt to help at all .
Sent me a few nice emails with long winded reasons and totally looking to pass the buck.
I am really upset by the deal and have lost a little of the excitement I had at getting my new car .
Make no mistake yes when things go good well lucky you but when things go bad they wont help at all

I hope this will help others from making the same mistake and people will think twice about buying
from these businesses

I am posting it on as many forums I can here and in the US
Im sorry if this upsets anyone but feel this is the only way I can do something about what happend to me and maybe help someone else from going through the same

If you wish to see that im telling the truth
please have a look at my post of before and after I received the car
on
cuda-challenger.com
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Do not buy from MOTOR MENTOR ..Mike

Post by mikes68 »

That's quite an unfortunate situation you have yourself in there Chris. Would have been some gut-wrenching discoveries at the time. I have a feeling that MOTOR MENTOR has been mentioned on this forum previously although I can't find them in a search...
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Sad to hear that Chris, I have heard that dealer mentioned before but dont recall the outcome, it was on the MOCA (Australia) site so a search there may help you.
cheers.
69Boss
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69Boss »

nassi wrote:Sad to hear that Chris, I have heard that dealer mentioned before but dont recall the outcome, it was on the MOCA (Australia) site so a search there may help you.
cheers.
He has already posted on the MOCA site Nassi
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

peterp on the MOCA site gave motor mentor a real hard time saying he was going to scam peoples money out of them and the car would never show etc.

Well clearly he's not THAT bad.. but obviously leaves a little to be desired.

That's the problem with buying from overseas without having someone you trust inspect the car for you. Even then, they can't be TOO intrusive because it's not their (or your) car.

I'm not sure how much you can blame them for parts going missing. Obviously the car is not what you expect, but who takes responsibility for missing parts if they were stolen by the shipping company etc?

If the pic on the cuda site is the only one of the car you were given, then I'd have been skeptical from the start. I don't know cudas, but I can't see chrome around the rear lights even in those pics.

nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Yes thats the thread I remember, wasnt sure of the outcome though.
cheers
A67PNY
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by A67PNY »

Here is the link from MOCA

http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/viewthr ... #pid141567

I clearly remember this one as I was on the forum that morning @ 4 am.
working nightshift.
There was a post from MM regarding Peterp and MOCA.
And there was also something about Ebay. Selling mustangs for One
dollar and giving MM good feedback.
Just for the record I do not know Peterp.
As soon as I read this I thought. WOW this will not last.
And sure enough that morning it was gone. Then the thread was
closed two days later so I could not mention this to anybody.
I think its all a case of buyer beware........
Cameron
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cameron »

I know This is how the world works etc etc. But it genuinely annoys me when someone makes a concerted effort to hide defects and deceive other buyers. Especially when the car is being bought sight unseen or through a broker. I dont see any harm in stating issues up front and allowing the purchase price to reflect the true nature of the car.

I am assuming however, that the vehicles are being sold club member to club member. Or, from one person to another with a bona fide interest in the vehicles. I dont know, i just think that if you dont take good care of the car you shouldnt expect the buyer to make up for your defect.

In other news. I know you boys shy away from the satin/matte black so i pre-empting the cat calls but you would need an angle grinder to get me out of this.

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Cameron wrote:
In other news. I know you boys shy away from the satin/matte black so i pre-empting the cat calls but you would need an angle grinder to get me out of this.

Least on that one the electrical is still working.... 8O

I assume that water is at the "receded" level & it did not get too high? Flood damaged cars are bad news.... :poke:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
A67PNY
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by A67PNY »

satin/matte black looks grouse............
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

PeterP gave you heaps of warnings as I remember......................If it looks to good to be true , is the saying. Rings true again.
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

donoauto wrote:PeterP gave you heaps of warnings as I remember......................If it looks to good to be true , is the saying. Rings true again.
I think this is a different bloke.
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

The thing is guys.. in MM's defense - if it wasn't actually HIS car to start with, then he may have had no idea about the "defects" such as bog in the paint etc, so you can hardly blame him if that's the case.

I'm not saying the guy is trustworthy, but if he was just a middle man, then he is not going to know the history of every car. Maybe he did not misrepresent the car to his knowledge.

Yeah the $1 sales on ebay are dodgy though... buyer beware!
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

I agree 100% hybrid. Past repair work and mechanical problems are very hard to try to get to the bottom of, the guy can't possibly know everything about every car so the responsibiity really is on the buyer to make sure of what he is getting. Unless of course the seller lies about it, then that's different. I do have a gripe about lots of undisclosed rust on a car, which is inexcusable and I know Motor Mentor is guilty of that as I've seen the results first hand from someone here in Perth who bought a Mustang from him. I've also been a victim of it (not from MM) and that's just low. In my case the lesson is don't trust anyone in a small town to do an "independent" examination for you.

Short story is get the car checked by someone you trust or do it yourself. If you don't, then you're gambling and you should be prepared to accept the result good or bad.
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
blkpny
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by blkpny »

ponyride wrote:
Short story is get the car checked by someone you trust or do it yourself. If you don't, then you're gambling and you should be prepared to accept the result good or bad.

Absolutely, if you aren't prepared to gamble, or accept the risk, then a new car with warranty is your only choice. Used cars (of any type) aren't for you.

Even checking it out yourself, is far from any guarantee.
Resto-Mod & Repro Mustang Parts, from the biggest & best suppliers in the Biz. For a sample of what we have, check out www.custommustangs.com.au if you don't see it there, give us a call 03 9782 8850 0438351400
Or stop into our Showroom 2/14 Lakewood Blvd, Carrum Downs
Mustangs are Addictive!
66 Coupe 418w C4 3.50 9" Convo's 10.9@122 FOR SALE
94 SN95 Coupe Supercharged V6 Daily
65 Coupe Project