Thought Collecting Couch

Non-Mustang related Projects

Moderator: Moderators

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Thought Collecting Couch

Post by scott66stang »

After realising lately that i seem to be doing more thinking about how im going about doing the restomod on my fastback rather than getting the work done. I decided i needed a break from the project and do something else ive been wanting to do for ages, also easier and straight forward.
I will make myself a Thinking Couch :idea:
It means i can now get rid of a stripped down car body that i have had sitting around for about 10 years, keeping it for the only good bits the back and front end.

So out i went with a panel saw and hacked away, actually only took half an hour to seperate, i even cut the rusted out fuel tank in half.

I wonder why ford never made a Falcon hatch? , they look kinda cool.

mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Thought Collecting Couch

Post by mikes68 »

Gonna have this couch ready for the MustangTech birthday gathering...?
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

mikes68 wrote:Gonna have this couch ready for the MustangTech birthday gathering...?
It will at least be usable Mike unlike my Mustang, just make sure you are up to date with your Tetanus shots.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Any way it was late in the day and i dumped it in front of the shed for assessment "more Thinking" :drink:

as you can see there is a bit missing in the rhs structure removed by the previous owner a panel beater into old falcons, i grabbed alot of his leftovers at the time.

Last edited by scott66stang on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

I'm gonna need something to sleep on so best you get cracking... :poke:
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

This morning i hosed it all down removing years of crud and redback spiders and then went to it again with the saw and grinder removing the towbar, exhaust brackets, trailer plug wiring and what was left of the fuel tank. Then did some more thinking, measured the space available and set out with a tape measure to comb through my stock of rear car seats.

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

I wanted to use the NC Fairlane rear seat because it is a nice grey velour and in perfect condition. However when i tried the lower section it was too large for the opening. I then got a XD Falcon set which i find quite ugly but right for the era, it fitted alot better.
I cut out the tailgate seal strip which is also where it is spot welded together and that gave me an extra 2". I will have to cut the rest of that section out , panelbeat and weld back together and that will give me another 2" which will allow the seat to come forward more and maybe give me enough room to use the nicer Fairlane seat instead.

This is it so far, i had to stop at 10am because the family was coming around for the day.
Plan so far is for a jarrah armrest on the topsides with a drink holder in the wider back pillars section with the chrome trim.
Maybe carry the jarrah down the tailgate latch area sides and across above the bumper. Maybe paint it Black or a light blue.

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

mikes68 wrote:I'm gonna need something to sleep on so best you get cracking... :poke:
Mate you can sleep on it as is now, i even baygon'd it to keep those nasty spiders away.
Hmmmm!! which has got me Thinking again....should i make it recliner?? :drool:
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

Nice work Scott, that's going to be awesome. Do my little eyes spy...

Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Yes Rick, that is the area i mentioned in the above post, you must of missed it while you were modifying the pic. But thats cool , you have pointed out the area nicely.

:thumbs: :drink:

If i fit the Fairlane seat it will also have a centre foldown arm rest. And because it is a split seat it can be twin recliners. :joy:
Last edited by scott66stang on Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

In the back ground of some pics is the next couch candidate a XM Falcon wagon. The floor and chassis of this is pretty much non existent but the roof section is in good condition. I am cutting the roof off from just under the rear windows and it will be used as a slide on panelvan alterative for a XL ute future project i got a few years ago.

as i got the ute, paid $150
After i test fitted a 302 windsor, c4 , took the body down to metal,primed and hung a few panels from one of my written off donor cars.
blkpny
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by blkpny »

Haven't seen GXL rims in a while!
Resto-Mod & Repro Mustang Parts, from the biggest & best suppliers in the Biz. For a sample of what we have, check out www.custommustangs.com.au if you don't see it there, give us a call 03 9782 8850 0438351400
Or stop into our Showroom 2/14 Lakewood Blvd, Carrum Downs
Mustangs are Addictive!
66 Coupe 418w C4 3.50 9" Convo's 10.9@122 FOR SALE
94 SN95 Coupe Supercharged V6 Daily
65 Coupe Project
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

blkpny wrote:Haven't seen GXL rims in a while!
There is a white XP ute going around locally with them on also. Must of been a trend at one time.
dalex
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by dalex »

Image[/img]

Here is one from Tony Keith's bar in Oklahoma City that has the tailgate for the seat base. The models are my girls.
“Middle Age - When you want to see how long your car will last instead of how fast it will go.” .. unknown
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Tailgate is a good idea for space saving, they take up alot of room.
here is some i picked up off the net a while ago.