Edelbrock heads - good,bad or indifferent???

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Edelbrock heads - good,bad or indifferent???

Post by donoauto »

Hi guys , soon to purchase heads for windsor! Had heart set on EDL-2091 edelbrock top end kit. In the last week have been told by a wanker mechanic in town that their valves don't lap properly cause they are massed produced rubbish & "oldskool" in the MOCA forum just mentioned he has 2 leaking exhaust valves in his. I've got a few mates in the rodding circles & have no complaints.
Has anyone got any feedback before I blow my cash. I know about a lot of other heads on the market but liked the edelbrock package as they've dyno matched cam to heads & include all new bits required for changeover.
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
blkpny
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: Edelbrock heads - good,bad or indifferent???

Post by blkpny »

I run them.... I didn't choose them, they chose me (I bought a bunch of stuff off a guy, who bought it but never assembled it).
I'm not rotating the world with them, just a nice solid motor.

If I was choosing Windsor style heads for power, I'd choose AFR's or Trick Flows.
But I've no complaints about the edelbrocks.
Resto-Mod & Repro Mustang Parts, from the biggest & best suppliers in the Biz. For a sample of what we have, check out www.custommustangs.com.au if you don't see it there, give us a call 03 9782 8850 0438351400
Or stop into our Showroom 2/14 Lakewood Blvd, Carrum Downs
Mustangs are Addictive!
66 Coupe 418w C4 3.50 9" Convo's 10.9@122 FOR SALE
94 SN95 Coupe Supercharged V6 Daily
65 Coupe Project
Gator
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Gator »

Donoauto looking at the same package but for a 351w.
Price today from Rocket Industries - $3900 + $300 freight and 2-3 week weight
Price from Summit -$1750, waiting on price back for freight to Oz.

A few guys i know have them on their chevs and have no issues
jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jbrucem1 »

the summit freight price will be around 600 last time i checked. if youre not in a rush im sure someone on here could get them in a container for a lot less, and maybe less tax also??
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

Still waiting on a fresh quote from Rocket - back in early June it was $2700ish incl. freight. Geez , either prices have changed or the Clevo package is bloody dear!
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
Gator
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Gator »

donoauto

I contacted Rocket on Monday on price for the Edelbrock ED 2092 Power package top end kit and was quoted $3900 inc gst + plus $300 freight costs from US and a 2-3 week delivery time.
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

Hey Gator , just got quote back from Rocket re the ed-2091 302windsor top end kit - $2640 + same freight if I don't want to wait 2 months. The 351w in certainly a lot different. I'll probably get from Summit anyways.
Amen.
Frank70
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Frank70 »

I think you are better off getting it from Rocket for $2640. But the time you add freight, duty and GST to the Summit, I think you will be over the Rocket price even adding the $300 Rocket shipping. Unless someone can throw it in a container.

You should ask Rocket if you can organise your own freight and arrange for the kit to be picked up. You could get it delivered for much cheaper than $300.

Cheers,
Frank.
1970 Mustang Fastback 302 Toploader
1964 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan 289 C4
1970 Chevrolet El Camino 350 Father/Son project
1995 BMW M3
2002 Ford Falcon XR6
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

The extra $300 from Rocket is if you want in 3-4 weeks ( special order, yada yada yada). Otherwise , wait 8-9 weeks & no freight charge. Depends how patient you are I guess. Not my strongest suit , I might add.
Amen.
MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by MustangMedic »

Be patient and spend the 300 bucks on bling(I like Bling) and then it was worth the wait.
Cheers.
Medic
(Always work smarter not harder!!!)
67 C Code coupe
LEEH69
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by LEEH69 »

I've put a pair of Dart Pro 1 aluminium heads on my 351W cost me $2200
and very happy with the out come.
Gator
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Gator »

Hi Donauto,

Contacted Rocket today to double check pricing as Summit list 351 power package cheaper than the 302 set up and was quoted 302 - $3000, 351- $3900, have non in stock but for additional $150 i can recieve them in 2-3 weeks. Differance in freight cost from original quote.

The house build will be finished in about 6 weeks , so in goes the order for heads package , carby , JBA headers and bottom end parts from Summit and see if some one can squeeze it into a container, or just wear the freight / duty cost - got to be cheaper in the long run to purchase from US