66 Coupe

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

66 Coupe

Post by ChilliChadd »

I've had the car for nearly a year and a half and in two weeks it gets pulled apart :cry:
Here's a few pics of when I got the car and how she is now.
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Re: 66 Coupe

Post by ChilliChadd »

Well ordered the paint today for the car, Ford street silver metallic, which is the same as silver frost but a little more metallic fleck, and Avon black metallic for the stripes which is from a DB7 Aston Martin and has a very small fleck and in full sunlight is a very dark charcoal. :woohoo:
Now I'm getting nervous, the thought of not driving her for a few months :cry:
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Doesn't look like it needs it!
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

It's more the small things Jeff and most people don't notice but I know they're there,looks good at 3ft and it's the small things that bother me, a bit of dust in the bonnet, the stripes down the back are on the pis5, the rocker panels are scratched so I'll replace them too.
Chadd

_______________COUPDUP_______________
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

And your stripes need to go over the roof!
Just noticed that :lol:
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

that was one of the other things, stripes are half Camaro :argh:
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

Pulled the coupe off the road last week and started on making sure I don't leave it too much longer with this nice weather around so I sanded a few panels to get the ball rolling.
front and rear glass out this week and the wife is coming up on Saturday to give me a hand pulling it apart.
Chadd

mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

:rotfl: Just asked on your other post if you are coming along on the first cruise for the new season Chadd... I guess NOT!!!

Oh, and how do you get your wife to help out with the stang??? I'm looking for some tips... :rotfl:
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

mikes68 wrote::rotfl: Just asked on your other post if you are coming along on the first cruise for the new season Chadd... I guess NOT!!!

Oh, and how do you get your wife to help out with the stang??? I'm looking for some tips... :rotfl:
I rubs off on them after a while, and we met when we were 18, so she's lived and breathed it and been dragged to alot of things over the last 16yrs, plus she likes having her bum parked in the passengers seat
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

Well got the front a rear screens out today and all looks fine no nasty rust so far, though the trims look like repos so I might end up getting new ones instead of polishing them up. Did a bit more sanding
Tommorrow off with the bumbers, trims, badges etc and out with the interior.
Chadd

Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

looking good chad brave man to strip down a car that already looks quite good, but your right in saying better to fix everything to the way you want it rather then be unhappy
Pete
Mustang Project:
http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

Worked on her for 3 hrs today. Got the front bumber, grill lower valance, headlights and tail lights off. got most of the interior out just the dash to go and got the wire wheel on to a bit of surface rust on the right rear floor, there were a couple of pin holes that went through, might cut and weld a plate or might get a full piece to weld in. Di was there for the 3 hrs helping cleaning off the remains of the front and rear screen goo and been an extra set of hands.
TimR67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by TimR67 »

Lookin good, Its good you allow your Mrs to help you, mine would love to help but shes too busy with all the cooking, housework, gardening etc
moe
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by moe »

TimR67 wrote:Lookin good, Its good you allow your Mrs to help you, mine would love to help but shes too busy with all the cooking, housework, gardening etc
Priorities are a good thing!!! :headbang:
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

moe wrote:
TimR67 wrote:Lookin good, Its good you allow your Mrs to help you, mine would love to help but shes too busy with all the cooking, housework, gardening etc
Priorities are a good thing!!! :headbang:
And she still gets all the cleaning, cooking, poop scooping and weeding done in the garden.