GMG & 'White Noise' a mustang journey.

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

GMG
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

GMG & 'White Noise' a mustang journey.

Post by GMG »

Apologies if you saw this thread posted on the 'other' Mustang forum, always looking for idea's from everyone so posting it on both boards. :)

Hi all, I have been on the forum for a little while, asked a couple of questions etc and thought I would put up some details on my history/ride/plans as a bit of journal to keep the memories. As with a lot of the forum I always wanted a Mustang and have recently started that journey with my new ride about to leave the USA.

Long term Ford fan with a XC Cobra as my fist car (later stolen and stripped), and my last car was a heavily modified XR6 Turbo (Cover Car Street Fords, genuine street 10sec pass, 420rwkw, etc). After having a run in the boys in blue (and 8 court appearances later) I decided it was time to part ways and I sold 'Shahin' :tissue: .

Shahin

I got the chance to enjoy my 2cyl NA for a couple of years (legs) and put some thought into turning my dream of a Mustang into reality. I travel to the US 1-2 times a year for work so I started looking for the right car, I have always wanted a 67 Coupe and found the perfect one in Minneapolis (one of my regular work stops). I started the paperwork for import approval and the owner talked his wife into keeping it....

Mustang Attempt #1

Next up was a 68 Fastback with a 390 that was in pristine condition, I was due to inspect it on my next trip to the US and it sold literally the week before I got there..

Mustang Attempt #2

It was about now that I decided maybe I should get something new, and a friend of mine found a 65 Coupe that was for sale on the side of the road near where he lived. The pictures he texted through weren't very clear and it looked like a rough old horse, still it kept the fire burning and we agreed to check it out on my next trip, if it was still there. A month or so later I find myself pulling up to take a look at the Mustang on the side of the road outside a farm in rural Minnesota. As we pull I up I notice that its a lot better looking car that the pictures show and after talking a bit a look at it in detail its a Lot of car for the price its got on it $8,500....

Don the owner comes out and talks me through it, and after taking the car for a test drive I ask about the cost, he replies what cha offering? I simply told him its a good car and he should name what he is happy with and we can shake on it, $7,500 he replies, and I have never shaken hands so fast in my life.

The currently 'nameless' Mustang

The agreement is struck dependent on import approval and I grab some photo's and a video of the car before heading home to start the work. A month or so goes by and I have import approval, the car is now in LA being packed safely into a container and we expect it here in Sydney for January 2012. One part of the journey ends and the next begins, I will put up some plans in the next post as I search for a Name for my 'nameless' Mustang.

pU7AMnil38c

Regards

GMG
Last edited by GMG on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Ride is White Noise
GMG
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Re: GMG & The Nameless Mustang a journey.

Post by GMG »

As 'Nameless' is shortly to be on its way from the US I have been putting together plans for modifications/enhancements and have put together the current plans. Any tips, hints, thoughts, ideas, etc are more than welcome!

New Seats, I am getting the XR re trimmed with a blue mustang or the mustang logo, bought these from a nearby Ford wrecker.

BA XR Ute Leather Seats

New Rims, current favourites depending on whether they fit a 65. These are Shelby Torq-thrust 17x8 5 on 4.5 Pattern, with 0 offset and 4.5 BSM. Anyone know if they do, and or know a supplier that might be able to help out in Oz?

Shelby Torq-Thrust - Anthracite Finish

Since I was able to buy the car at such a excellent price, I have had space in the budget to get a number of extra bits!

Also ordered:

1: Power Steering kit
2: Console/Hump Hugger (Black)
3: Power Window kit
4: Vintage Air Con
5: Lecarra Steering Wheel
6. JME Gauge Cluster in Camera Black
7. A set of Autometer Nexus Gauges for the above, Oil Pressure, Fuel Level, Speedo, Tacho, Voltmeter & Water Temp
8. 3 point retractable seat belts
9. Iddit steering column with RHD indicators in Black

And once 'Nameless' has landed I will be getting work done on the following:

1. Kelsey Hayes Disc conversion
2. Some minor suspension enhancements
3. Shelby Stripes
4. Windows Tinted
5. Inside Re trim from the Blue to Black
6. Sound system

The short term plans are to have Nameless look good and be comfortable to drive, once I have those sorted its onto looking at the Engine and Engine bay....

More pictures, info when the car arrives and work begins!

Regards

GMG
Last edited by GMG on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Ride is White Noise
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Good luck with your project, I just hope you have as much fun as I did.
cheers
mwizz
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by mwizz »

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with the car
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Welcome mate, it should be a nice ride.
GMG
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by GMG »

A thanks to Harry of Harry's Classics for the excellent work in shipping and the 'Nameless' one arrived last night.

It was the first time in 19yrs that the car has seen rain but as it will be a daily driver it will have to get used to it.

The car was delivered last night and I will be working on getting the blue slip and rego this coming week, the journey now truly begins!
My Ride is White Noise
GMG
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by GMG »

A better shot once I got it into the Garage.
My Ride is White Noise
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Enjoy the ride. :thumbs:
mwizz
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by mwizz »

Congratulations on the safe arrival
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Nice one mate.. it certainly does look like a nice example!
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

water beads good

congrates for getting it home tucked away, let the fun begin
Cheers,
j
bages
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by bages »

looks neat and tidy thats for sure :) congrats!
GMG
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by GMG »

Thanks to Big Al the Mustang is now registered and on the road! Looking for cruises and soon to happen modifications ;)
My Ride is White Noise
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Awesome news!

:like:
Cruzn65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cruzn65 »

noice straight looking car, let the fun begin :like:
early Mustang enthusiast\collector of all bits Mustang