Discussion of upcoming events in the Events Calendar

Moderator: Moderators

Fordnut
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

2012 Wintersun - Coffs Harbour

Post by Fordnut »

Wintersun 2012 - Coffs Harbour

Anyone looking at coming up to sometimes sunny Coffs Harbour. There will be a few of us locals getting together to display & go for the odd cruise. Hope to meet some fellow stang owners there.

Cheers - Langy :thumbs:
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: 2012 Wintersun - Coffs Harbour

Post by donoauto »

Just booked a 3 room unit @ TreeTops resort from 3-10th june! Bringing a mate & his family from Yamba as well (he owns the 632c.i. MonteCarlo). Now looking into if it's not too late to get the SuperPacks.
Start training this afternoon.. :drink: :drink:
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

Looks like it's not too late to get the Superpack tickets (even though it's after cut-off) :thumbs: :thumbs:

Booked & booked. Now to enquire about a deep sea fishing trip on maybe the Wednesday. :like:
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

I'm trying to get my car ready for this.

Looking forward to it.

s
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

What's the date? We should really add this stuff to the calendar (which any one is able to do)
Fordnut
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Post by Fordnut »

Hi, heres the link with everything you need to know.
Cheers. C

http://www.wintersun.org.au/
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

Heading down tomorrow morning, Staying @ Pac. Bay til next Sunday. If the weather forecast stays true, no-one will probably eyeball me til Wednesday. m67gl's over the phone suggestion to me months ago that my nickname should be "sprinkles" appears to be ringing true. Can't see me parking the Stang out in the driving rain all day. Hopefully the weather will be better than forecasted for the next few days......
See ya's there!
Amen.
Fordnut
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Post by Fordnut »

Sprinkles hey !! Not a good start for Wintersun with the weather. Should get better. Hopefully I will be in there Wed as I hurt my back big time last week and is pretty painful at moment. Catch up at some stage. Langy
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

I plan on getting there Thursday evening and unfortunately will miss out on the cruises, I believe one of them is to a dolphin pool. I'll be going with a friend and her 8 year old so will definitely have to check out the dolphins.

Where are the other cruises to?

We may go for drives to the destinations, also what other good attractions would be recommended to visit?

s
Fordnut
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Post by Fordnut »

We are doing the Saturday night cruise. Everyone goes to the Big Banana for a visit, not a huge amount there but worth a look. Pet Porpoise Pool is very popular. A few wineries around if you like the red stuff. dorrigo National Park, a good lookout on a good day. Are you going down on Saturday?
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

Fordnut wrote:Are you going down on Saturday?
I'd like to leave Sydney Thursday, not sure right now will see how it goes. I'll definitely get there for the long weekend.

s
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

Sunday was pissing down. Mon & Tues were brilliant. Went on a 3 odd hour cruise Tues morning til lunch. They took us. Vintage shopping at Raleigh, Bellingan & lunch @ Urunga. The east coast low hit @ 4.30 this morning- not as bad as Sydney but no fun. Will give this mornings cruise a miss. Sorry Glen , I'm positive we'll still catch up over the weekend .
They have a 2 hour night cruise on Friday & Sat. from 6pm (if I can stay off the holiday beers)
Having never been to Wintersun before , have found the cars seem to take a back seat to all the retro dance/fashion workshops & numerous nameless old style bands playing everywhere & anywhere. Did someone say Elvis impersonators !?!?!? Heck , u can even renew your weddings on Coffs jetty by Elvis himself (that's right , apparently he's not dead but looks very ordinary)
Amen.
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

donoauto wrote:have found the cars seem to take a back seat to all the retro dance/fashion workshops & numerous nameless old style bands playing everywhere & anywhere. Did someone say Elvis impersonators !?!?!?
LOL.

I did expect this, there is one car icon on their website and others for entertainment, dance, etc.

I'm not into rockabilly, etc. but it sounds like it'd be a hoot.

s
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

I did click on your bands link a few weeks ago-rockabilly definitely doesn't look like your scene. Maybe a Saw movie convention would be of interest to you guys!!! Lol! Has Beyond Blue or Black Dog organizations approached you guys yet to be musical representatives? Lmao
C u there :)
What car are you coming in Stephen ?
Last edited by donoauto on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amen.
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

P.s. it does look big for the cars as of Friday onwards. Has been a quiet start to the week but things should start cranking Fri night & huge over the weekend. Really hoping the weather is kind - have seen better forecasts
Amen.