Operation "BLUE BOOK"

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Operation "BLUE BOOK"

Post by shermatt »

Project Blue BookFrom Wikipedia,

Project Blue Book was one of a series of systematic studies of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) conducted by the United States Air Force. Started in 1952, it was the second revival of such a study (the first two of its kind being Projects Sign and Grudge). A termination order was given for the study in December 1969, and all activity under its auspices ceased in January 1970.

Project Blue Book had two goals:

1.to determine if UFOs were a threat to national security, and
2.to scientifically analyze UFO-related data.
Thousands of UFO reports were collected, analyzed and filed. As the result of the Condon Report, which concluded there was nothing anomalous about UFOs, Project Blue Book was ordered shut down in December 1969

This is how I see Operation Blue Book....Closed in 69, built in the same year, Its Blue, and by the time its finished and placed in the hands of the correct user...it will be an unidentified flying object

As some may know, the cats out the bag that we bought a Boss that Mark had told me about a month ago that was on the B2 forum.

At the time, Mark couldnt afford the project so he said it was fair game if we wanted it.

After we had inspected the car and purchased it at a very fair price, Marks ears pricked up and said....so its going back to Florida?

After a few emails back and forth, Mark ended up taking the car for what we had paid for it and we were just going to get the engine rebuilt and get the car back together for shipping but as it seems now we may be going the whole hog.

Here it arriving yesterday as it was meant to be arriving a teh day before but it was pouring rain all day on Friday I cancelled the delivery as I didnt want it wet. Saturday turned out to filthy hot and muggy but was worth hanging in there untill 7pm. Had a few beers while we waited talking to the neighbours

The second video was after the 3rd beer waiting and the camera was near by. From where I was sitting the car looked tuff as F##K I just had to do a video for Mark...bit of a sneak preview of another big project were doing..."Special K"

[youtube]ZK_BU9k7Iws&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

[youtube]xtYC059Lxkw&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Were lucky enough to have Sherm next door who happens to have 2 70 B2's from the same plant that have never been restored. Thats going to come in very very handy.

Now its tucked away in the warehouse ready to get the ball rolling

mwizz
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Re: Operation "BLUE BOOK"

Post by mwizz »

Thanks for posting this Matt. I am looking forward to the updates.