Chinese Hoists

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

69candy
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Chinese Hoists

Post by 69candy »

Anybody got any feedback on them?? Looking to buy a 2 poster. Plenty on ebay. I want about 3tonne, single phase, with floor plate. Mate just bought a Tuff Lfit, seems ok but don't like the way the hyd cylinders seem to flop around in the colums. Be ok when there is weight on them. They all like that?? Been offered a s/h screw type but it is only 2 tonne. They any good??
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Chinese Hoists

Post by ozbilt »

2 ton 2 post lift seems a bit light. Mine is a 4.5 ton lift & handles an F350 pickup no worries.

As for the 4 post Chinese lifts, I have friends with them in the US & heard no issues (was with one of the guys that owns one yesterday) but they only have light cars on them.

We will be looking at lifts & the factories that produce them, this coming October China trip. I am looking at a 4 post with scissor lift & wheel alignment setup, all in one package.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

I just want an old wheel aligner Kerry, an old Repco one or Light aligner.
On the 2 post Chow hoists I have 2 mates with them, they seem ok, however both had some crook hydraulic fittings that cracked, when pulled up.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

they seem to go from 1700-2300 on evilbay and the rating seems to vary from 2-4T depending who you buy from, some with "make an offer".. if they are closer to the 1K mark for single phase and enough to get the old 'stang up i would seriously consider one .. do they make those in the factories you go to Kerry? maybe a bulk buy if we can get some interest.. or maybe not feasible..

are these any good for the DIY at home? and how much is "servicing"

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/STENHOJ-4-PO ... 500wt_1204

i assume thats 3 phase..
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
TimR67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by TimR67 »

Ive got a Direct Lift 3500kg 2 poster, chinese made, got it from TuffLift Hoists about 4 or 5 years ago. Ive had no problems with it. I lift a Nissan patrol regularly with it and it lifts it with ease. The only things I dont like about it are: the lock release which is a small cable that you pull on each side, a single point lock release would be better. Ive got the floor plate model and it can be a pain to push non running cars over the hump. A clear floor one would be better.
65muzzy
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by 65muzzy »

How high does the garage roof need to be.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

TimR67 wrote:Ive got a Direct Lift 3500kg 2 poster, chinese made, got it from TuffLift Hoists about 4 or 5 years ago. Ive had no problems with it. I lift a Nissan patrol regularly with it and it lifts it with ease. The only things I dont like about it are: the lock release which is a small cable that you pull on each side, a single point lock release would be better. Ive got the floor plate model and it can be a pain to push non running cars over the hump. A clear floor one would be better.
The single point release can be an issue, the cable needs frequent adjustment or you need two people to release the lock. JMO
cheers
jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jbrucem1 »

gbx78 wrote:they seem to go from 1700-2300 on evilbay and the rating seems to vary from 2-4T depending who you buy from, some with "make an offer".. if they are closer to the 1K mark for single phase and enough to get the old 'stang up i would seriously consider one .. do they make those in the factories you go to Kerry? maybe a bulk buy if we can get some interest.. or maybe not feasible..

i assume thats 3 phase..
they seem pretty good from the ones i have seen (half a dozen or so). i think if you were using them everyday there could come a time when issues arise.
I have spoken to people who have purchased directly from factories, for these and other things like mulchers mowers etc. doesnt seem to be a problem and can often get for a steal, freight being the only catch obviously, which would most likely come down with a group buy.
it is amazing that they can make a relatively good functional product such as this so cheap.
yes i would like one please :$
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

gbx78 wrote:they seem to go from 1700-2300 on evilbay and the rating seems to vary from 2-4T depending who you buy from, some with "make an offer".. if they are closer to the 1K mark for single phase and enough to get the old 'stang up i would seriously consider one .. do they make those in the factories you go to Kerry? maybe a bulk buy if we can get some interest.. or maybe not feasible..

i assume thats 3 phase..
That 4 post 4t on ebay is the same as i got last fathers day for $700 already dismantled but the ram had been rechromed and pully pins replaced. I then had to buy the hydrolic hose as it was missing, reassembled the safety latches that were put back together wrong by the previous owner, i then blasted and repainted it. However that one is a bargain at $500 especially with the centre jacks included.
Be aware though there is a safety warning on them where a stretched cable can cause the ram to retract too far and shear of the end that holds the cables. I wont take mine to the exstream hieght for that reason but it is plenty high enough to work under and park my Fairlane under.
Yes its 3 phase, but its just turning a pump, the motor could be changed to single phase at a added cost which proberly wouldnt be worthwhile .
Last edited by scott66stang on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

65muzzy wrote:How high does the garage roof need to be.
We can discuss that next time you are at my place Steve. It depends on the lift, what you are putting on it & your height. All can be adjusted (except your height ... :lol: )
Kerry

nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

ozbilt wrote:
65muzzy wrote:How high does the garage roof need to be.
All can be adjusted (except your height ... :lol: )
try platform shoes or a chainsaw
69candy
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69candy »

I only need it for personal use, not a bussiness, so no need for a Ford one, a Chev one will do!!!
Who's in for a group buy??? or I can wait to see what Kerry comes up with later in the year?
Thought about a 4 poster, but limited to what you can do with them as opposed to 2. They are better for some jobs granted
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

I will do some more research to find out how many fit into a 20' & 40' container. It is the weight, not the space that is the issue.

We can also mix the scissor lift, 2 post & 4 post as they are made by the same company. They will all come into Sydney unless we get enough orders to justify another city.

Sydney would suit the east coast as I am always up for a road trip to deliver. I would like to see more of this country & if I can be accommodated at the buyers home, then all is good (no "camp stretchers) ..... ;)
Kerry

69candy
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69candy »

ozbilt wrote:I will do some more research to find out how many fit into a 20' & 40' container. It is the weight, not the space that is the issue.

We can also mix the scissor lift, 2 post & 4 post as they are made by the same company. They will all come into Sydney unless we get enough orders to justify another city.

Sydney would suit the east coast as I am always up for a road trip to deliver. I would like to see more of this country & if I can be accommodated at the buyers home, then all is good (no "camp stretchers) ..... ;)
Come on down!! Can put you up for a week if you want! Half way between Adelaide and Melbourne. Good area and lots to see. Blue lake. world Heritage Caves, Coonawarra wine area, great beaches, that you can drive on.. Let me know if you want me to hold off and want to get an order together. I'm not in a real hurry and can wait. Got to find another project yet!!!
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

69candy wrote:Come on down!! Can put you up for a week if you want! Half way between Adelaide and Melbourne. Good area and lots to see. Blue lake. world Heritage Caves, Coonawarra wine area, great beaches, that you can drive on.. Let me know if you want me to hold off and want to get an order together. I'm not in a real hurry and can wait. Got to find another project yet!!!
With all of that to do, Mrsozbilt would come as well as Carol likes the wine tasting .... :drink:
Kerry