XY Faker tidy up.

Non-Mustang related Projects

Moderator: Moderators

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

XY Faker tidy up.

Post by Shaunp »

Old Gt replica, built 20 years ago, clear has delaminated. It's just getting a big sand and spot repair, don't want to get too deep into it, not sure what we would find. Overall it's not too bad. Put a bottom on the LH guard, rebuilt the sill behind it, couple of other rust repairs, due to the last repairs being brazed.

ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Re: XY Faker tidy up.

Post by ponyride »

What was the factory colour on it Shaun? Love the old XW/XYs.
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Vintage Burgandy, gold stripes. It has a full dash, skaker etc. Trim was done before you could buy the repop door trims, still looks ok though. Be a good driver/ cruiser etc. Sounds good. We are just going to clean it up and flip it, sick of moving it around to get it out of the way. It's not piece of shit, seen way worse even 30 years ago. Who ever did it originally did repeir the rust ok etc, brazed though so talking 80's I reckon.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Great project :thumbs:
mwizz
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by mwizz »

That should come up nicely
scedd
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by scedd »

Shaunp wrote:Vintage Burgandy, gold stripes. It has a full dash, skaker etc. Trim was done before you could buy the repop door trims, still looks ok though. Be a good driver/ cruiser etc. Sounds good. We are just going to clean it up and flip it, sick of moving it around to get it out of the way. It's not piece of shit, seen way worse even 30 years ago. Who ever did it originally did repeir the rust ok etc, brazed though so talking 80's I reckon.
What sort of dollars will you be looking at?
Motor, box, diff?
Good looking wheels :fap:
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Clevo, think it's a C4 haven't really looked could be FMX have to check,I guess, just got a BW axle but have a 9" disc rear kicking around. Don't really know what's done to the engine. looks like a later Oz block, got a holley & shaker etc sounds good out the pipes, seems to have plenty of compression. Looks like it has some Pedders springs etc in the front, original KH xy front brakes, propper bonnet, not a hacked up one. Brakes are sticking from sitting so will fully freshen them up, check out the front end etc. Been sitting for years, but fired straight up. Have all the centre cap etc for the wheels etc, Got a full working dash which is hard to come by now unless you have $3k to buy one when you can find one.
Money? not sure, see how it comes up, not sure what they really go for, you see them for sale, but what do people really pay for a good, driver quality V8 xy faker, is the question. Not going to sit on it with silly money, will be sold . Choise of 12slots or period 5 spoke Aunger Hustlers perhaps, both with fresh tyres.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

this is gunna be the goods .. cant wait to see the finished product
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

Those look awesome in the good old Ford Yellow. Are you spraying it the original colour?
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

donoauto wrote:Those look awesome in the good old Ford Yellow. Are you spraying it the original colour?
. The engine bay paint is pretty nice as are the Jambs and boot. I'd like to colour change it to Zircon-green, or white,or Purple but I don't want re paint the bay etc. So vintage burgandy and gold it is. If I was keeping it, it would purple with white trim. It must have been fully apart when it was originally painted last, it not just black in the bay it's all clear over base 2k. It's Black in the parts of the boot.