Local Charity Support

Discussion of upcoming events in the Events Calendar

Moderator: Moderators

MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Local Charity Support

Post by MustangMedic »

Went to a car show today, on leaving, I asked which Charity they were supporting, didn't like the answer I got. There was NO answer....
No more attending shows without advertised sponsor support(and no local club funding only events). I support charities because they are community supported, not building other peoples funds....just my 2 cents worth!!
Regards,
Medic
Cheers.
Medic
(Always work smarter not harder!!!)
67 C Code coupe
moe
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Local Charity Support

Post by moe »

Sounds like the organiser was the charity.
MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by MustangMedic »

Moe,
We all sat around and wondered that, so that was the reason, I asked on the way out, given so many nice cars parked in the public car park area.
Not again.....
Cheers,
Medic
Cheers.
Medic
(Always work smarter not harder!!!)
67 C Code coupe
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Ash, they were the exact concerns I had and why I didn't enter my car. Where does the $25 entry fee go? :rant:
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

$25 is, IMO, a lot to ask to display your car. I am not big on the trophy side of things and have no chance ever taking out a trophy in the red car- unless 'most popular car to park next to as it makes your paint look better' creeps in as a category.

For the show we hosted recently, entry was $10. The goodie bag contained around $40 worth of products that you could actually use (a ford falcon coffee mug, FPR key ring, wallet, Castrol cap, Castrol golf umbrella and other sundries plus entry into a draw to win summernats entry tickets etc.). The guys brought this together and still managed to make a sizable donation to the charity.

I have no dramas supporting the other clubs but there is a limit.
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
rockerfella
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by rockerfella »

Ausjacko wrote:$25 is, IMO, a lot to ask to display your car. I am not big on the trophy side of things and have no chance ever taking out a trophy in the red car- unless 'most popular car to park next to as it makes your paint look better' creeps in as a category.
You might have some competition in that category from me soon, so it might yet take off!

Agreed though, if there's no charity, I don't see how you can justify much more than a gold coin donation at best. I'm pretty sure at $25 per car and $4 per punter, they safely covered their outlay.
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

have to say that's why I was in no rush to get there. I dont mind a small fee if it goes to cover costs. But a profit of that size, "tell him he's dreaming"
Cheers,
j
C5ZZHIPO
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by C5ZZHIPO »

I used to sponsor 2 trophies but at $350 per category I soon shifted my support to the September ( now December ) show where it costs $100 per trophy.

Mark
A prophet will not be known in his own lifetime.