Paint protection

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Paint protection

Post by hybrid »

This thread is bound to bring up some different opinions, but that's a good thing.

What do we all use for paint protection? I want to put a wax on my car that is not abrasive. Steves guys did a great job, so the paint is great - I just want to maintain it that way.

I was looking at something like Mequiars liquid wax:
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online ... 0201#Cross

I always wonder whether these things are actually slightly abrasive though.
xpconnor
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Re: Paint protection

Post by xpconnor »

Not sure whether you get on the MOCA site much but there is an extensive thread there on car detailing and polishing buy rocket. I think they get most there stuff from Chemguys. Anyway some of it is a bit too detailed for me so I would be interested if any of the Meguiars or similar stuff is actually half decent or not. I always liked the Meguiars gold class polish but not sure if it is actually any good for the paint.

I did have one guy tell me you shouldn't use anything with silicon in it and I think we all know it is a pain in the arse to get rid of if doing paint prep but once the car is painted not sure if it actually matters or not.
"The Mustang is full of Awesome"
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Get on to the Chem guys they will have what you need.
chopmgw
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by chopmgw »

xpconnor wrote:Not sure whether you get on the MOCA site much but there is an extensive thread there on car detailing and polishing buy rocket. I think they get most there stuff from Chemguys.
Rockets thread is a good one.
He recommends the Jetseal 109 paint sealant which I now use and now recommend it also.
He also rates the Menzerna polish and a good wax ( which if i remember correctly, the the best bang for buck was the DP maxwax).
Basically, by following his methods and products, I got an amazing gloss on my my paint work.

Have used the Meguiers Kwick wax and their Detailer with good results in the past also.
I smell oranges !

Michael
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Jetseal 109 sounds good.

This was also mentioned to me by a friend:
http://www.toughseal.com.au/index.htm

Looks like similar stuff, but I'm not sure what paint shops think of putting products like this on your car. It might make it harder to repair :shrug:

VGE auto paints in Sydney sell it, and I wouldn't think they would sell it if paint shops hated it.