Do not stay in the Dyno room...

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Do not stay in the Dyno room...

Post by boofhead »

I have seen many cars get damage on a chassis dyno though here is one on an engine dyno. Warning to heed - Do not stay in the dyno room.

http://www.carswatcher.com/Article/1849 ... gone-wrong

Edit: Here is another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=floPT6PKsPY&app=desktop
I will someday think of something clever to say.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Do not stay in the Dyno room...

Post by hybrid »

I love dyno fails :D

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

A guy got killed at Canberra TAFE in the 80's. He was in the dyno room (after hours) & a VW race engine exploded. That one put the cleaners through every TAFE in the country, things really tightened up after that, regarding use & what engines are in there
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

I've got a story in a book called Jaguar Saloon cars, when they were testing one of the early XK twin cam 6's ,would have been late 40's early 50's I guess, on a dyno in the development lab it let a rod go, which in an XK is about a foot long, came out through the side, the chief engineer at the time got a small cut on his ear lobe, the rod kept going and went through the door of the workshop. Jag did experiment with alloy rods from time to time not sure it is one was one of them.
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

Coincidently Boof I saw these last week after a few hours on youtube looking at dyno accidents.
The bloke across the road from me has a DynoDynamics 2WD dyno that you back your car onto, tail is a lot higher than the front of car when on ramps/dyno - NEVER seen him strap a car down yet, even when I was on there. Scariest feeling ever. My foot was resting on brake pedal ready to pull it up at any moment but he's never lost one...............yet. Has to be crazy (or adrenalin junky)
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Like minds. Sure must be scary - I know I would be concerned though a good blast of adrenalin sure wakes you up.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

donoauto wrote:Coincidently Boof I saw these last week after a few hours on youtube looking at dyno accidents.
The bloke across the road from me has a DynoDynamics 2WD dyno that you back your car onto, tail is a lot higher than the front of car when on ramps/dyno - NEVER seen him strap a car down yet, even when I was on there. Scariest feeling ever. My foot was resting on brake pedal ready to pull it up at any moment but he's never lost one...............yet. Has to be crazy (or adrenalin junky)
They are a good dyno actually, they will take plenty of power, but even strapped down we could not get traction with a mate E type jag, on one.