Discussion of upcoming events in the Events Calendar

Moderator: Moderators

muzz67
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Running for President of MOCA NSW

Post by muzz67 »

Who am I ?

I am currently nominated to stand for the position of President of MOCA, NSW. ( A nomination I am honoured to accept.)

I have been an active Member of MOCA NSW since early 2005.

Known to this forum as MUZZ67

I always put my name to what I say and do not hide behind "handles or cute names"!

I believe in the Freedom to enjoy cars that I own simply with in the Rules and Laws of the State.

I believe in the constitution in place.

I will not lower myself to deride any member of the club

I accepted the Nomination because I have the skills and experience to carry out the role, in total. I have not accepted previous attempts to nominate me due to work commitments at the time.

I have my own Company, which now allows me the time to commit to a great club, that I believe needs some freshness on its Board at the senior levels. The current people have and will continue to do great work. For me it is time for a change, in the 10 years I have been at the club, the same 3 people have rotated the roles of President and Vice President ! In my humble opinion this is not conducive to a healthy and constantly strong club.

I was a Founding member and director of the Deepwater Sporting Car Club founded in the late 60's along with being the first winner of it's Sportsman of the Year award. This club still runs to this day.

I was also a founding member in 1989 of the HQ Racing Association of NSW ( don't cringe we all make 1 mistake LMAO) I went on to write the rules and regulations for this class on behalf of the CAMS along with becoming the 1st Technical Manager. I held numerous other senior roles at State and National levels over the first 15 years of this club including President.

I run I believe good club meetings focusing on Members.

I am a National Hillclimb Champion in my class, a title I was runner up in for 5years until my win in the early 2000's

I have worked my whole career in the Automotive Industry, some of my roles are, Founder of Collision Repair Inspections, ANZ Key Account Manager, for Sikkens Automotive Refinish, General Manager of Standox Automotive Paint (DuPont), General Manager Speed- Pro Engine Parts. I am a licensed Panel Beater/ Spray Painter.

I have been young for a very long time.

I have 2 gorgeous adult daughters.

I want nothing more than for MOCA to be of the MEMBERS and FOR the Members, and too hold meetings that Members wish to Attend regularly.

I do not like the sound of my own Voice.

I believe in Majority rules and discussion. (There are no monuments in this World to Committee's)

I believe in being positive about all things till proven wrong.

I believe that committee's only ratify the desires of the Members and follow the letter of the Law.

If you think I can bring good things to the Role of President you, can if you so choose vote for me by attending the next AGM on the 20th or by post or E-Mail.

I believe a club has a DUTY to communicate with it's Members, on all points especially in acknowledging and responding to any , Written, e-mail, voice mail or posted communication from it's members. In my case Nomination forms were posted and e-mailed by me to the Secretary of OUR club in early to mid July. To this day I have received no correspondence acknowledging this nomination, 2 other members have suffered the Same Fate, entirely unacceptable behaviour in my opinion.

I drive and own a '67 Resto-mod Coupe in Bionic Blue. I also have an 310 F6, an 1955 F100,(under resto) an XR6Work ute and a lonely AE86 Corolla Race Car in my collection.

I reside in Doonside and have for 18 years.

I was born in Burwood Road, Burwood. NSW.

If elected I will not, ever, in the execution of my duties as a club officer use the term 'I' loosely. A club in my belief is a 'collection' of people and their cars and the committee is there to be of service to those that elect it. Not for Individual gain or notoriety.

These are my beliefs as an individual, and a committed constitutional member of MOCA NSW.

More than happy to field ANY questions you may have. However I do not wish to discuss the individual personalities of any poster other than my own personality.

Cheers
Lance Weiss
Muzz67
Experience is a great school, but the fees come high!
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Running for President of MOCA NSW

Post by soc123_au »

Good luck Lance.
muzz67
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by muzz67 »

Thanks Heaps Steve,

Going to Need Votes from those who want to enjoy the Club and wish to come to FUN and informative Meetings...

Cheers
Lance :help:
Muzz67
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Not to mention Lance's altruistic nature, Lance came on board with the "Hooken up a brother" project that turned into "That 67 coupe" ...... :poke:

http://www.mustangtech.com.au/Forums/vi ... t=820.html
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
muzz67
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by muzz67 »

Thanks Kerry,

That was fun with a great group of people who just saw the same vision.
The outcome could have been better is some ways, yet I think we would all do the same again if the need arose.

Cheers Lance
Muzz67
Bosskraft
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by Bosskraft »

Yeh good luck Lance! I tried to initiate some attendance to vote, from the membership of MOCA with a thread on their forum, but it was quickly turned into a 'shoot Sean down in flames' thread by current serving committee members. Bit concerning, if that's how they run it. Another reason for the need for new blood on the committee, I guess.
Sean McDonagh
www.bosskraft.com
MCA Gold Card Judge
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Good luck with your endeavors, have read the thread over on the dark side, glad to be a member of the Maffra shed now actually..
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
muzz67
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by muzz67 »

Thanks Pete,

Only fail if you fail to try.......
Cheers
Lance
Muzz67
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Anyone with a Bionic 67 Coupe gets my vote!!
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
muzz67
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by muzz67 »

You will never change, LMAO

Cheers Lance
Muzz67
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Good luck lance.

Just got on the PC for the day... looks like I have some interesting reading to do.
muzz67
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by muzz67 »

Thanks Hybrid,

As I said Votes from Club Spirit count more than luck, something I really wish to do !

Cheers Lance

Enjoy the read...
Muzz67
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Yeah fair point!

The attitudes of those MOCA committee members are EXACTLY why I don't feel the need to be part of a car club.

They seem to forget that they're just regular humans like the rest of us. They are there to SERVE the members. They do not become super heroes after being elected.
scedd
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by scedd »

One thing you learn real quick is that the only thing different about many clubs is the name above the door.
I have seen the same issues with Junior Rugby League, Gymnastics & 4WD clubs.
The only one that was different was Outrigger Paddling and that had a positive visionary President who ran the club for the benefit of the kids.
Good Luck
The word "swims" upside-down is still "swims".
- If you rip a hole in a net, there are actually fewer holes in it than there were before
muzz67
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by muzz67 »

Thanks Scedd,

We ran the HQ' Association the exact same way, for the benefit of the Members, two of us at the Top put off our desire to race in the series for 10 years so as not to conflict our club roles, it was a great education.

Years as a Senior Sales Manager teaches great lesson's

Cheers Lance
Muzz67