FE Stroker

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

69candy
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

FE Stroker

Post by 69candy »

Anybody running an FE stroker motor. What else have you got with it?? Alloy heads etc???. Thinking of building one from Survival. Are you happy with it??
MaxPower
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Re: FE Stroker

Post by MaxPower »

Soon, 69, very soon :headbang:

Got a clutch getting built for me as we speak by Jim Berry. This morning I spoke to Stan at FPA and placed an order for a set of Tri-Y's. Next week my block and rotating assembly go off for machine work and balancing.
"There's 3 ways to do things. The right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way."

"Isn't that the wrong way?"

"Yeah, but faster!"
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

A couple of people here have used Survival. I am happy with the motor they built but in hindsight I would probably go for a stroked small block built here. You do know that FE stands for *&^% Expensive; wish I had heard this about four years ago ;-)

Barry is now doing his own heads and has stroker kits available. He did good work but his comms is sometimes a bit hit and miss. He has new machining equipment in his workshop and I think now does everything in house. I am not sure that many in Oz are that familiar with the FEs
Cheers
Jacko
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Steve also has a nice FE stroker by Survival, See Hellenor thread.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Yes, all my go fast bits except the efi came from Survival. The engine was assembled here though. If I were to do it again I would have just got Survival to supply & build the lot.

Brett from St Marys Engines built the latest incarnation and it seems to do everything you would expect. The only reason I would get the "crate" type deal is logistics.
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

And Mr Jackson I do recall telling you what FE stood for before you embarked on your big block adventure. In saying that I do get a bit of a woody every time I look at the big lump sitting in the engine bay. I probably could have gotten a Windsor & had enough left to buy Zimbabwe but what the hell. Hippos are overrated.
MaxPower
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by MaxPower »

I can say that I too am letting disadvantaged hippos go without due to my lump of FE goodness.
"There's 3 ways to do things. The right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way."

"Yeah, but faster!"
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Have to agree with Brother Steve on 'now that it is in all the pain is forgotten'. However, I am yet to do a plug swap...

On the logistics side, it was actually pretty easy. Discussed specs, gave them some cash, they built the motor, videoed the dynoing, cracked the block, swapped blocks, dynoed the new one and sent another vid. By this stage they had removed the kangaroo warning sign off the dyno. Paid remaining cash. Popped the motor on a stand and included other bits (converter, headers, etc.) in a crate and it was off to the container people. Container delivered to Oz and I collected the crate with a trailer. It really was straightforward.

If you get them before their drag season start he seems to be less busy with local clients, but he has a pretty good name on the FordFE forums (he and one other who I can't recall)

I have always liked hippos and now am even more glad we saved the African herd.
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
MaxPower
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by MaxPower »

Ausjacko wrote: (he and one other who I can't recall)
Jay Brown?

"Yeah, but faster!"
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Max, do you post on LU? There is someone on there with same username. Just wondering if it was you.
MaxPower
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by MaxPower »

No. This site is the only Max username that I have.

"Yeah, but faster!"
69candy
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69candy »

I have been talking to Barry. I actually have a block on the way to him as we speak. He is checking it out for me, and if its all good he will machine it up and install the stroker kit. Just trying to decide wether to fit his heads or put my cj heads on it??
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Put heads on that have as much flow that you can afford. It is a big block that is bigger - needs good heads to not be restricted. Stock heads equal stock power so what then would be the point of the expense to stroke it? Now I admit your kind of limited in choices though it appears to be improving of late.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

There is no substitute for cubic inches nor replacement for displacement.... :like:
Thank the lord for the big block ford......Amen.
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Pinto-Pete wrote:There is no substitute for cubic inches nor replacement for displacement.... :like:
Thank the lord for the big block ford......Amen.
Thats lovely to hear from the toyote coyote. :lol: