Dual exhaust brake bracket

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

xpconnor
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Dual exhaust brake bracket

Post by xpconnor »

Hi Guys

While I'm restoring my car I am doing the dual brake upgrade but I have had no luck getting the bracket from the below link from my usual supplier to relocate the brake line.

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/6 ... 65935.aspx

I was going to just bend one up but the correct bracket has a D shaped hole not a round one. If I just drill a round hole will it all still work to hold the flexible line to the hard line or does it need the D shaped hole? :cheers:
"The Mustang is full of Awesome"
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Dual exhaust brake bracket

Post by boofhead »

It will work, the flat spot is so the hose does not turn when you do up the hard line to the flexible line. You could weld some material and file it away.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Fit the diff and exhaust then make your own, a decent brake shop will make the flexible line to any length you need. The reason being, that bracket wont necessarily work with just any dual system.
xpconnor
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by xpconnor »

I did think about fitting the bracket to suit but I would like to weld it in and then paint and stone guard the floor so it is all sealed.
I already have the hard line and flexible line and I know the location of the bracket as the floor has the lines pressed into it so I think I will try Boofs method of just welding a bit of an edge on the hole so the brake line doesn't spin whilst tightening it.
Haven't decided what to do about the exhaust yet. Ordering the pre bent ones from summit seemed like a good idea but now with the dollar falling it might be cheaper to have it custom made in which case it can be bent to fit, in which case I could have just left it as it was.............whoops. :$ :?

Anyway thanks for the advice at least I have a plan of attack now.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Make it bolt on (like the ones on the front rails) so you can place it later.

I have the front type here & can mail you one on Monday. PM me your address details.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
xpconnor
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by xpconnor »

Bolt in is another option, good idea.
I am fairly sure I have the correct ones for the front lines so I can just use one as a template if need be so no need to post. Thanks for the offer though. Won't take long to whip one up, although I defanately won't be able to put a star shaped hole in it.