Non-Mustang related Projects

Moderator: Moderators

jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

XP Falcon

Post by jbrucem1 »

Blatant copy and paste from the 'other side'

Wondering peoples opinions on the value of an XP falcon sedan, auto persuit 170..the whole car is there running so im told (with a miss)..brakes work, no slop in steering..chrome bumpers in good nick with a dint in the rear - fixable..only rust i can tell is in the rear sills under the rear doors..not sure about the boot..the car is super straight - drivers door needs a little work..interior good but needs a retrim..all glass is good, all chrome is present and would clean up nicely
if i can get it for around 1k is it enough of a bargain to justify buying it??
soc123au/shaunp would love to know your opinion especially!!
cheers
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: XP Falcon

Post by scott66stang »

1K is a reasonable price without seeing it personally. I have purchased lic XM wagons ect with asking price of around that much but with panel damage but got it for $400 , unliced with rust XK- XM sedan , utes and wgns from 150- 400 unless they have a really good rustfree shell. A reasonable driver with rust that you described i would expect to pay up to $2500, more if the rust isnt very severe. But be aware it could be totally rotted under the fender sill area and cowl area. Pour water in the cowl vent and check under the dash vent areas for leaks.
jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jbrucem1 »

thanks scott..yeh i should go have another look..it presents really well..will try the water idea..any other potential rust areas??would be a lovely cruiser
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

For $1k buy it. If it does turn out to have heaps of rust, scott66stang or Mikes68 would probably pay you more for it - value added!
:woohoo:

Seriously though, it should have to be worth it. You don't get much that's running and complete and not stuffed for around $1k.
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
shane427
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by shane427 »

Scott, what about a similiar condition coupe?? been on the look out for years...
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

shane427 wrote:Scott, what about a similiar condition coupe?? been on the look out for years...
I had a chance to buy one about 4 years ago XM motor stipped and rusted , rust in rear 1/4 but the bloke had made up some lower quarters , roof lining hanging down , steering wheel almost just metal left on it needed full resto $4000 and it sold straight away. Was an old bloke with stacks of old Fords on acrerage moving to suburbia. I hung around him weeks after and got his leftover wrecks. A XP shell , XM sedan and a XM wgn similar condition to my 67 Covertible as far as the floor rust goes and the inner sills were rusted aswell, all for $300. I wanted the coupe but couldnt afford it, A year later i paid 20k for my fastback 8O . From what i have seen , you will pay 10-15k for a good project.
jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jbrucem1 »

bought it, couldnt help myself..thinking it would be a good daily..
http://s964.photobucket.com/albums/ae12 ... %20Falcon/
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

looks like a great buy.
Here is a link to a bloke over your way that makes sill and lower quarter panels etc. I have used his sill panels and they are a great fit , and half the price of rare spares.

http://www.rustaproblem.com.au/ford.htm
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

I sold this old girl in 2002 for $10.5k, still needed some work on the shifter (floor shift auto) but other than that it was pretty good.
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s237 ... _IMG-1.jpg
cheers
jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jbrucem1 »

scott that is amazingly cheap..thanks!!total repair sheetmetal costs is looking half of what it was
Nassi that seems to be a fairly cheap sale for that car, suppose that was 8 years ago..how much is it worth now do you think?
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Nice link Scott, that is now saved in my favorites, wish I knew about them before. Gotta love an XP, the thinking mans Mustang (according to Simon) :joy:
jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jbrucem1 »

another copy - sorry..have to get my info from as many as possible
OK, so went to the re-trimmers today to get a rough idea on the cost of new upholstery - $2200 for the seats!!that is well and truly out of my budget..still researching US falcon upholstery..surely it cant cost that much for some vinyl and a day or so's work??seats are mainly intact and all the foam/springs seem in good nick..
Also, I need some opinions on the paint I will use, (specifically the type of white - sounds silly but much more difficult than it seems)..anyone have any good white colours (new or old) they recommend?
Will use local Du-Pont supplier
Have purchased a set of sills and LHS floor
Will try and get this project going ASAP and want to get everything organised before I start..Scott, if its ok can I send you a U2U re:sill replacement etc??
Cheers,
Jack
Pardini
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Pardini »

Get a kit for the seats from somewhere! That sounds way too expensive. My mustangs seats were recovered (with the kit I bought) for $300.00 labour.

That quote stinks! :fart:
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

I really like the white on the Subaru Liberty.
salva
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by salva »

:thumbs: Hi guys, my daughter has a xp falcon 4 door for sale .I have recon the fordomatic trans and the engine Also a 200 cub inch of a xt falcon
It is licenced and been retrim front and rear seat ,
in original colour dark and light blue vinyl from the USA
need a good paint job
ring me for more info on 0418903 931
or work on 93550446

cheers Salva
cheers salva