Technical Discussion on Pre-1973 Mustangs

Moderator: Moderators

MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Metal badge rattles on guards.

Post by MustangMedic »

Fellas,

I have finally discovered some annoying rattles coming from the front of the car, on close examination I discovered the badges and lettering on both guards are very loose. What is the best way to tighten the badges and lettering up to eliminate the rattle?.
I can recall repro retaining clips are the wrong size and would not support the oem badges, is this correct?, not looking to use adhesive unless a last resort, your advise is appreciated.

Cheers,
Ash
Cheers.
Medic
(Always work smarter not harder!!!)
67 C Code coupe
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Metal badge rattles on guards.

Post by ozbilt »

To get to the rear badge pins, you need to remove the inner splash panels. If you can move the badges from the outside, either the clips are too small or holes too big (my money would be on the holes too big).

The fix, remove the badges & remove the clips & then refit using a flat speed clip like this ........

The other way is to use double sided tape on the rear of the badge & still use the old clips to center the badge. That would be my fix & the easiest for you as I would imagine that buying double sided tape up where you are would be far easier than trying to source the correct flat clip (pictured above).
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Just put a band aid on it Medic, you must have a few!

Actually, if you can hear those rattles, your exhaust needs fixing!
Last edited by Nuts on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by MustangMedic »

Nuts,
I actually need to buy some soon, as for the flat clips, I will try to locate some, before going to plan B and using double sided tape, also there are more Mustangs starting to appear around the Fraser Coast area, than I had seen at shows since moving up here.

Starting to remind me of Canberra......they were like arseholes, everyone was getting one.....
cheers,
Ash
Cheers.
Medic
(Always work smarter not harder!!!)
67 C Code coupe
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

MustangMedic wrote:.

Starting to remind me of Canberra......they were like arseholes, everyone was getting one.....
cheers,
Ash
I heard someone say "all the arseholes went north", I never realised they were talking about Mustangs.. :lol: