What to expect from Customs on imported parts

Information on importing your car or parts

Moderator: Moderators

donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

What to expect from Customs on imported parts

Post by donoauto »

Guys , just ordered my Edelbrock EFI kit from Summit racing. Cost was around $3k USD. What happens when it lands in the country. Do I have to contact customs (someone here in Yamba had to for their brakes) or does customs contact me (by mail I'd assume). Any advice of what to expect???
Thank you in advance.
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
derwin66
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Re: What to expect from Customs on imported parts

Post by derwin66 »

I believe you will get a bill before your transport company releases it, unless you bought it in the country in the trunk of a car and then more than likely you will just pick it up when the car is released (if you are lucky)
65 T Code coupe\r\nBlown 302\r\nHeidts four link\r\nRRS Rack and Pinion\r\nC4 Gear vendors overdrive
1960 F100
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: What to expect from Customs on imported parts

Post by donoauto »

FYI , got a phone call from Fedex in Aust. the other day when the part arrived in Aus. Parted with around $360 on the credit card (not bad considering purchase was around $3220 USD) & part was dispatched later that day. Hopefully will see today!
Thanks again to Frank70 for the heads up on the 15% Summit racing voucher.
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.