Tapatalk

Need help with something on the website, forums etc? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

scedd
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Tapatalk

Post by scedd »

Can the tapatalk add-on be installed for Mustangtech? http://www.tapatalk.com/ It says it is compatible with SMF and it's free for you. The app for users is $3.99 but once you have it any forum using it is included.

Another forum I visit uses it (Stangfix) and it makes reading the forum on my iphone very easy, and you can upload photos directly from the phone on the fly.
This is great for when things are spotted on the highway, etc.
It also means i have increased my time wasting on the computer by 300% at least :shrug:
If it gets allowed in the next couple of days i will start a post on Mustangs that i spot in Vietnam!!
Thanks,
Steve
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Tapatalk

Post by hybrid »

They don't have a module available for this website at the moment.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

I've emailed tapatalk on this to see if they will give me the developer API. I might be able to write a plugin for this website myself, but I make no promises. I may not have the time, the ability, or the inclination to code the plugin.

The fact that it was iphone based turned me off completely initially, but I see it supports Android too :mrgreen:
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Ok, they have sent me the API documentation for this.
It's a lot of work. I still wouldn't mind trying to get it going because I've installed it to my phone and tried it on their website and it's not a bad app.

However, I would have to write the code from scratch because they don't support this CMS. There will be many hundreds of lines of code in it.
scedd
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by scedd »

soirry to cause so much grief, but your right, it is a great app to read forums with when not at home
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

i just went android today amazing.
Pete
Mustang Project:
http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Dynamic wrote:i just went android today amazing.
Another convert :mrgreen:
What did you have before?
Keegan
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by Keegan »

Sorry guys but Apple gets my vote.
Regards, Jim.
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

I had a HTC diamond touch 2 for all of 2 months before windows mobile shat me off and went back to my trusty nokia 6300 cheap $200 piece of crap non next G phone. so its pretty easy to impress me with this android phone but i have used iphones before and personally think they are rubbish especially all my mates having phone issues
Pete
Mustang Project:
MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by MustangMedic »

You hear that more and more the words ring like "great apps, sh7t phone reception) Emergency agencies looked at them, but thats all they are currently doing.
Cheers.
Medic
(Always work smarter not harder!!!)
67 C Code coupe
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

Dynamic wrote:I had a HTC diamond touch 2 for all of 2 months before windows mobile shat me off and went back to my trusty nokia 6300 cheap $200 piece of crap non next G phone. so its pretty easy to impress me with this android phone but i have used iphones before and personally think they are rubbish especially all my mates having phone issues
I always used and liked the PALM platform, had PDA's before they were phones too and then went with the Treo680 as it ran Palm os. smashed the screen and it was warn out and PALM just had launched PALM pre in the US so i got a cheap Treo running windows as the old 680's were not available and thank god it was cheap as yes have to agree windows mobile is bad and not friendly at all.
Looking at the andriod its a similar concept to the pre so may be worth a look further i feel.
Cheers,
j
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

I had a couple of windows mobiles and swore I would never buy another one. They were so sluggish if you customised at all, and battery life was garbage.

WM7 is supposed to me pretty good, but they have already lost me.
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

i have heard only good things about the WM7 but i have a few friends who have the HTC Desire and they all love it, only heard good things about it so i took the plunge. Sure Android doesn't have the all the apps iphone does yet but its only time before they catch up android phones are selling fast
Pete
Mustang Project:
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

so what phone are you using hybrid?
Cheers,
j
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

Dynamic wrote:i just went android today amazing.
I get nervous around people talking a foreign language.
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.