Dynamic Stang

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Dynamic Stang

Post by Dynamic »

Well I have been waiting for this day for a while as many of you already know. Today I finally picked the old girl up.

Problems starting her since she had no battery or fuel, once that was sorted it was a long and crappy drive home as it ran very rough and had non existant brakes...
more pics will obviously follow but here is a bit of a sneak peak.

boot latch was broken so i had to tie it down with rope for the drive home possibly why i got so many funny looks that or the cali plates? :shrug:

I found in the car the origional owners manual it belonged to Tanner Moter Liverty LTD, will look into it but thats proberly the rental company it belonged to.

now the fun begins strip down, label, store parts and then decide if i want to rotisserie it or not
Pete
Mustang Project:
http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com
S[_]SPECT
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Re: Dynamic Stang

Post by S[_]SPECT »

Nice Pete,
Congrats on finally getting it.. get used to those stares though.. they dont go away, although I imagine it will be a while before you're driving it again.

If you're going to strip completely and store parts...
Get a bucket load of sandwich bags and lables...
Take plenty of photos
bag and tag EVERYTHING, cause no way in h3ll you'll remember where it all goes.
Cheers,
Birchy...
Dodgy Bros. Customs

Suspect 67 - http://www.mustangtech.com.au/Forums/vi ... /t=52.html
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

If it's got good floors etc, I wouldn't bother with the rotisserie.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Great to finally see it in your driveway.
I would suggest fix up the 1 rusty floor and hit out or replace the under floor rail while it is out. Tidy it up sort the mechanical bits and get it regoed asap. Then think about the body and restoration etc. That way you can drive and enjoy for a while and clean it up along the way.
Cameron
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cameron »

Great that you got her home mate. Shitty about the lack of battery - but hey you were going to buy one anyway. Fuel is something that you will have to get useto buying in a mustang- so look on the bright side. Its not as if it cost you any extra - just a little more today in order to get her home.

Wack up some more pics if you can.
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

cheers guys just having a bit of a look over the passenger side floor pan is rusted, theres a rusting through in the rear left wheel arch along with a rusted out battery tray section. i have that piece supplied the other 2 will need to look at doing, runs like a bag of shit right now not really thinking about driving it for a long time at this stage not sure yet.

just found a fine to the last owner :)

I liked the rims and tyres so ive taken the rear ones off as they are exposed to the sun

that left hand side where the battery tray is replacement panel
Pete
Mustang Project:
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Go the 67's!! Have fun Pete! :wave:
tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by tim_morrison82 »

looking good! will have to go for a walk up the road and take a look one day soon!
Dreaming the dream... Living the reality...
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Congrats Pete. Am I right in thinking you actually drove it home?
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

Well done Pete, enjoy the journey
Chadd

_______________COUPDUP_______________
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Good one Pete, glad its home. I agree with Scott, do what you need to get it rego'ed and use it for a year or two. This gives you a chance to decide what you do and don't like about it. You may even decide you prefer a newer or older car, and since yours would be licensed it would be relatively easy to move on (at a profit), of course .
cheers mate enjoy it.
:cheers:
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

cage wrote:Congrats Pete. Am I right in thinking you actually drove it home?
He sure did...!
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

thanks again guys, Tim welcome around any time to have a look and give me advice.

cheers Nassi I am going to sit on it a week or 2 before deciding what the plan of attack is, problem being there is just way too many things that need to be fixed or jimmied up to get it regoed might be easier to just do it right first time.

and yes cage I drove it home lol interesting to say the least, it was idling so rough it was as if I was running a massive cam got a lot of stares
Pete
Mustang Project:
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

Agree with getting it rego'd with the bare minimum. As long as it doesn't cost you a whole lot more to go back and redo anything then at least you get to enjoy the ride a little first. It was probably running so rough because that crap American fuel had been sitting in it for so long.

Rick (ponyride) had his 428 R code driving pretty poorly at first because the engine was running pretty rough. He took it for a couple of drives up and down the freeway, blew the cobwebs out and it is running much better now with no work done to it...
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

New plugs & points, oil & filter change, empty the tank & blow out the fuel lines, fit an in-line fuel filter & I bet it will run like a top.

Oh & get the brakes fixed... 8O I would gravity bleed the whole system with new fluid & then adjust the brakes.

At least then you can give it a good run.

If the floors are not too bad you can get them done without pulling the car too far down, attend to any apparent body issues & then get the rego going. You will find more to do as you drive it. The big pull down & resto can then be done with a clear budget in mind as you will know what is needed.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet