My 67 Convertible EFI Restomod project

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

TimR67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

My 67 Convertible EFI Restomod project

Post by TimR67 »

Heres a brief run down on my project. Bought it about 12 years ago as a half stripped project
I eventually stripped it completely then got a mate who is a panel beater to cut out a bit of rust and straighten her up
I always wanted to do a restomod so i bought an EB XR8 for all the running gear
I stripped the EB and used the diff from it, Got it shortened using the mustang axles. I then sort of shelved the project for a while, had a few personal issues so I nearly sold it off, I sold off all the EB parts, covered the primered shell and left it for a while
Last edited by TimR67 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TimR67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: My 67 Convertible EFI Restomod project

Post by TimR67 »

I then joined up on the MOCA forum just when the Hookin a brother up thread was starting, met a few other mustang owners, and also had a mate that had just bought a 68 coupe. My interest was renewed so i got back into it. I got it painted by a guy who lives nearby, original candy apple red, painted in PPG Deltron 2 pack, came up good
Then started to put it back together, new bumpers, lights, badges etc, got a set of 18 inch Streeter wheels
Then I picked up a 92 NC Fairlane 5.0 V8 that had a bit of a crash, got it cheap, the engine, trans and wiring from this was pulled out ready for it new home
TimR67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by TimR67 »

Fairlane engine went in easy, I used Ron Morris Performance adjustable engine mounts to move the engine forward a bit so the ac compressor cleared the left shocktower
Tomorrow I pick up my new tailshaft from GJ Drivelines in Dandy (thanks for the tip BLKPNY). Ive also been working on the fuel system, I didn't want to cut up my tank so I have set up an external pump with surge tank, lift pump and EFI pump, as well as filters, its mounted in a small box under the floor in front of the tank, pics tomorrow. The rest of this week I will spend running the fuel lines
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Well done Tim but it looks like the "Appy" is exhausted!
TimR67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by TimR67 »

Yep my little apprentice does a great job, Ive got a 13 yr old son and 11 and 6 yr old daughters, the older 2 have no interest in the stang, but my youngest loves it and loves spending time with me in the shed, shes learning, she knows what some of the tools are, she knows that Mustangs are the best, she has also learnt a few new words which her mother wasn't too happy with.
TimR67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by TimR67 »

I also put in some BA ute seats, pretty easy job using after market low profile seat rails
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Tim, I've got me some ute seats too.
Where did you get the rails from?
Mine are BF I think.. the drivers seat has electric movement.
TimR67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by TimR67 »

I got the seat rails from Autobarn. The factory seat rails that are on your seats need to come off, all the electric stuff comes off as well. this will leave 4 bolts sticking out from the base of your seat that you use to bolt some flat bar to, you then bolt the aftermarket rails to the flat bar
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Thanks Tim.. I'll check out Autobarn.
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

Looks good Tim. How did you find the RMP engine mounts, worth the money?
Chadd

_______________COUPDUP_______________
TimR67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by TimR67 »

The RMP engine mounts are good, they make fitting the engine easy. There is not much to them though, it would be nice if they were a bit beefier. We'll see how they stand up once we get the stang running
blkpny
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by blkpny »

Looking good Tim, at least you didn't confuse GJ Drivelines with GJ Diffs! They both do similar work, in Dandenong, but 1 does not such a great job!
Resto-Mod & Repro Mustang Parts, from the biggest & best suppliers in the Biz. For a sample of what we have, check out www.custommustangs.com.au if you don't see it there, give us a call 03 9782 8850 0438351400
Or stop into our Showroom 2/14 Lakewood Blvd, Carrum Downs
Mustangs are Addictive!
66 Coupe 418w C4 3.50 9" Convo's 10.9@122 FOR SALE
94 SN95 Coupe Supercharged V6 Daily
65 Coupe Project
TimR67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by TimR67 »

Picked up my new tailshaft today, 4 hr round trip, Longford to Dandenong and return, fitted it up, fits perfect, very happy, all done in time to pick the kids up from school at 3.30.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

TimR67 wrote:Picked up my new tailshaft today, 4 hr round trip, Longford to Dandenong and return, fitted it up, fits perfect, very happy, all done in time to pick the kids up from school at 3.30.
That is the alloy Failane one isnt it? What did it cost ya to shorten .
TimR67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by TimR67 »

Nah, I couldn't find anyone that wanted to shorten the alloy one, so I just got a new steel one made, cost $400 with new unis and slip yoke